20020Re: "Allow Reordering" of Tabs - setting is not persistent

  • tuttle.grey
    Sep 19, 2007
      On Wed, September 19, 2007 5:50 pm, ebbtidalflats wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tuttle.grey" <tuttle@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> > If you insist on stacked tabs, try this in order:
      >> >
      >> > 1. UNstack the tabs,
      >> > 2. Rearrange
      >> > 3. REStack the tabs.
      >> >
      >> > Note, that you do not need to enable reordering this way.
      >>
      >> That would work, but it is even less convenient that making the
      >> reordering setting persistent. Your method requires more work than
      >> just manually selecting "Allow Reordering" in each session.
      >

      > Pardon me all to hell. I didn't mean to inconvenience you.
      > Since you dind't explain a lot about reording I foolishly envisioned
      > you reordering once, and then be satisfied with the result.
      >
      > Actually, if you want convenient, you should be looking in the clips
      > group. What you want is well within the capability of a special
      clip.
      > Perhaps there is sonmebodyy else who prefers to stack tabs and has
      run
      > into your problem, and solved it.

      One of the problems with on-line discussions is that the reader can't
      see the writer's body language, facial expressions or hear the tone
      in his voice. I was not attempting to be rude to you.

      I was not criticizing you. I was just responding to your suggestion,
      objectively stating that it required more steps than the simple right-
      click to the command "Allow Reordering".

      Your suggestion about asking in the clips group is good. Maybe
      someone has already created a clip for this. I'm hoping that the
      NoteTab developers may, in a future version, create an option to
      allow the default to be overridden so that "Allow Reordering" could
      then be persistent for those who so choose.

      Thanks for your responses and ideas.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic