20007[NTB] Re: "Allow Reordering" of Tabs - setting is not persistent

  • tuttle.grey
    Sep 18, 2007
      On Sat, September 15, 2007 12:04 pm, Eric Fookes wrote:

      >> I'd forgotten that default value of Allow Reordering is
      conditional on
      >> the value of Use Stacked tabs.
      >>
      >> Personally I wish the value set would stick regardless but vaguely
      >> remember a discussion long ago about why the non-stickiness of
      Allow
      >> dragging when Stacked tabs are on is a FEATURE not a BUG :-) .
      Maybe
      >> something about it being confusing if tabs are stacked and dragging
      >> takes place?
      >
      > That is correct. Many years ago, the option was retained across
      > sessions. Unfortunately, users would forget about it and get
      completely
      > confused and annoyed when their tabs lost their position when
      stacked.
      > At the time, Jody had to deal with a lot of support mail on the
      subject.
      > Since limiting the feature to a session, we stopped receiving those
      > support mails, which was a good thing <g>.

      Thanks for the explanation.

      Would it be possible, in a future version, to include an option
      (in "Options") to make the setting of Allow Reordering persistent?
      You could still leave the default as "No" (not persistent). That way
      only those users who explicitly chose the behaviour would have the
      value saved, which should prevent those needless support mails.

      Thanks.
      (from Yahoo site - mail reply not working)
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic