19993Re: [NTB] Re: "Allow Reordering" of Tabs - setting is not persistent

  • Eric Fookes
    Sep 15, 2007
      Hi Alec,

      > I'd forgotten that default value of Allow Reordering is conditional on
      > the value of Use Stacked tabs.
      >
      > Personally I wish the value set would stick regardless but vaguely
      > remember a discussion long ago about why the non-stickiness of Allow
      > dragging when Stacked tabs are on is a FEATURE not a BUG :-) . Maybe
      > something about it being confusing if tabs are stacked and dragging
      > takes place?

      That is correct. Many years ago, the option was retained across
      sessions. Unfortunately, users would forget about it and get completely
      confused and annoyed when their tabs lost their position when stacked.
      At the time, Jody had to deal with a lot of support mail on the subject.
      Since limiting the feature to a session, we stopped receiving those
      support mails, which was a good thing <g>.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic