19929Re: [NTB] Re: Command Parameters to run NoteTab Prom NotePro.ini, clipbooks from USB key ?

  • Tuttle Grey
    Aug 13, 2007
      Yes, I've discovered that it's better to start with a fresh ini file. I had thought
      to save time by reusing mine from my main system drive, but it's too much trouble.

      Thanks for the information about UseProfileFolder. If that had been documented in
      the help files, it would have saved a lot of time. :)

      Thanks.

      I'm hoping to find a solution that allows me to create an icon, shortcut, file,
      something *on the same USB flash drive* where NoteTab is installed. I'll click that
      to launch NoteTab on the USB drive along with the /USB switch. I don't want to have
      to "hard code" a drive letter in that, because then obviously it won't work on other
      PCs unless I edit the drive letter each time the USB drive is assigned a different
      letter.

      Can you offer any solution to do that?

      On Mon, August 13, 2007 5:08 pm, Eric Fookes wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > The part that is messing up the /USB feature in your case is the
      > following line in your NotePro.ini file:
      >
      > UseProfileFolder=1
      >
      > Remove it or set it to UseProfileFolder=0 and NoteTab will no longer use
      > the Application Data folder when you specify the /USB switch.
      >
      > Note that if you had installed NoteTab on the USB key without the INI
      > file, it would have worked correctly from the start with the /USB switch.
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Eric Fookes
      > http://www.fookes.com/
      >

      > Tuttle Grey wrote:
      >> Thanks for the reply. Comments and questions in-line:
      >>
      >> On Sat, August 11, 2007 5:38 pm, lm_hamilton wrote:
      >>> The notetab.ini is pointing to the drive on the main PC.
      >>>
      >>> Either edit the notetab.ini on the USB drive to point to the current
      >>> drive letter of the USB drive,
      >>
      >> Which values should I edit in that file? Do you mean I should edit something in
      >> this
      >> first block of values?:
      >>
      >> [Application]
      >> MainDirectory=