19919Re: Command Parameters to run NoteTab Prom NotePro.ini, clipbooks from USB key ?

  • lm_hamilton
    Aug 11, 2007
      The notetab.ini is pointing to the drive on the main PC.

      Either edit the notetab.ini on the USB drive to point to the current
      drive letter of the USB drive, or delete the notetab.ini, and start
      fresh to create a new notetab.ini.

      The shortcut's target line should point to the drive letter of the USB
      drive, followed by /USB.

      Here is what I use for my shortcut:

      G:\NoteTab5\NotePro.exe /ini=NotePro.INI /USB

      Larry Hamilton

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tuttle.grey" <tuttle@...> wrote:

      > I copied the NoteTab Pro 5.3 directories to a USB flash drive. I want
      > to run NoteTab Pro from that drive, along with my preferences
      > (NotePro.ini) and my modified clipbook libraries of HTML.clb and
      > CSS1.clb.
      >
      > How to I do this? The help file says to use command parameter /USB, but
      > I don't know where to put that. I made a shortcut to NotePro.exe on the
      > USB key, and edited the Properties of that shortcut to add the command
      > parameter /USB like so:
      >
      > "E:\NoteTab Pro 5.3\NotePro.exe" /USB
      >
      > It doesn't work. The application on the USB key launches, but any
      > changes I make to clipbooks or to preferences (NoteTab.ini) then change
      > those files on my main hard drive. That indicates to me that it is not
      > accessing those files on the USB key.
      >
      > How and where do I use this command parameter to force everthing to be
      > done on the USB drive?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic