19825Re: [NTB] Added /usb command-line switch. Use it when you want to run NoteTab from a USB k

  • Jono
    Jun 29, 2007
      Hi - Even using the USB parameter, NotePro.exe creates a directory
      under C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data. It
      includes folders Favorites, Libraries, Spelling, Templates, and the
      files cntp5.nws and NotePro.ini.

      All my settings are being read from the ini file on the USB drive ok,
      but the favorites (and I don't know what else) is being read from the
      HDD, meaning no favorites at all.

      How can I get NoteTabPro to use the Favorites folder from the app
      directory on the USB drive and to not leave anything behind on the
      host computer?

      Thanks,
      Jono Martin

      > Hi LadyCK3,
      >
      > Here's an extract from the Help file:
      >
      > If your USB key doesn't have a permanent drive letter assigned to
      it,
      > file references saved in NoteTab's INI and Favorites lists may have
      > incorrect drive information. You can solve this problem by
      launching
      > NoteTab with the /usb command-line switch (new in version 5.2).
      This
      > will instruct NoteTab to look for the file on the USB drive if it
      > doesn't exist at the specified location. Using this switch also
      causes
      > NoteTab to store all its settings on the USB key. Example:
      >
      > NotePro.exe /usb
      >

      > ladyck3 wrote:
      > > I use NoteTab from a USB drive all the time. My question is what
      is
      > > this feature and why is it required? I've not needed anything
      special
      > > when using my flash drive before... then again I don't do this
      regex
      > > and clip stuff either (don't have the brain for it, old woman
      syndrome)
      > > hehe :)
      > >
      > > Anyway, please explain.
      > >
      > > Thanks....