19409Re: [NTB] ISO? UTF ? How to set it

  • Eric Fookes
    Nov 2, 2006
      Hi,

      Characters like =FC =F6 =D4 are extended or Unicode characters that the
      sender's mail client has encoded using a method called quoted-printable
      encoding. So what you're seeing is not a NoteTab issue. NoteTab is
      simply displaying the text as it is stored in your mailbox file.

      We're getting ready to release Mailbag Assistant later today. This new
      update will display your UTF-8 messages correctly. Maybe that'll be a
      good solution for what you're trying to do.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      swisscatdk wrote:
      > Dear all
      > I use a purchased Notetab Pro 4.95/np (full version)
      > I am in Switzerland and receive emails which use French accents and
      > German Umlauts.
      > I use Thunderbird as a email program. This stores the emails in plain
      > text and so it is easy for me to open e.g. my "Orders" mailbox with
      > Notetab Pro and sort out the emails that way by "manipulating" the
      > text of those mails.
      > Several years ago when I started using Notetab (the shareware
      > version), when I opened the mailbox file, the content of the emails
      > was displayed correctly in NoteTab, e.g. the word "hübsch" was shown
      > as such.
      > Now, no matter how the ISO/UTF setting is set in Thunderbird, NoteTab
      > does not display the accents. Instead it displays e.g.
      > h=FCbsch
      > This is really annoying, as when I sort out orders to transfer them
      > to an Excel file, I need to change all these =FC, =F6 =D4 etc. to
      > visible letters.
      > Is there any setting I can use to make NoteTab Pro display accented
      > letters correctly ?
      > Thanks for any help !
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic