19359Re: [NTB] Standard 4.95 not recognizing misspelled word

  • Gerard Huijing
    Oct 13, 2006
      Stan wrote:

      > Same here using the Aussie dictionary in Pro 5.1 but auto correct
      > works.
      >
      > Did some simple tests & it seems that all (American. British &
      > Aussie) dictionaries consider BOTH 'untill' and 'until' as correct.
      > I have not seen another spell checker that lists 'untill' as correct.

      Wordweb (Pro), which can be integrated with NTB BTW, flags 'untill' as
      incorrect no matter what locale I set it to. Not sure if you can set
      different locales on the fly with the free WordWeb.
      As I am writing this, I see that Thunderbird flags 'untill' as incorrect
      spelling as well.

      It could, of course, be possible that all NTB word lists contain the
      same mistake because they started with the same basic list.

      Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
      2312 ZD Leiden
      Netherlands
      inboxgen@...