19103Re: [NTB] Transferring settings from 4.95 to 5

  • Alec Burgess(g)
    Aug 4, 2006
      Alex:
      >Version 5 always uses the registry, there's no choice.

      I don't think that's correct. One of the big changes Eric made for V5 is to
      support separate user files in C:\Documents and
      Settings\{username}\Application Data\NoteTab Pro

      In fact, AFAICT the Options/Advanced "store settings in registry" in the 4.x
      series has been removed!

      I haven't followed exactly what you're doing .... but maybe you could try
      changing that option in your 4.96 version (at least temporarily). Possibly
      there is some bug in ntb5 that is getting confused by leftovers from the
      4.96 setting.

      Hopefully changing the option in 4.96 will remove the detrius in the
      registry allowing a clean install of ntb 5.

      Regards ... Alec