19097Re: [NTB] Transferring settings from 4.95 to 5

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Aug 4, 2006
      Thanks Alec, Alex and Brian for actual support attemps. I appreciate them.

      > Notetab creates a key called Application in the registry:
      > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EF Notetab\Application

      Ow! I note that I overlooked the upper-case A in "Failed to create key Application." Thanks.

      > Is there any chance you have firewall etc. blocking Notetab from
      > using the internet when it attemps to run first time?

      No. I normally establish an internet connection before I start any programs (other than those in the Startup) and it asks allow/deny if any program attempts to access the internet on its iwn. There is also no good reason for an editor to connect to the internet without asking. A setup program - yes, an editor - no.

      > Notetab creates a key called Application in the registry:
      > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EF Notetab\Application

      Now it gets complicated! I find an entry
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EF Notepro\Application
      in my registry. It has entries
      ab(standard)..........REG_SZ......no value set)
      abMainDirectory......REG_SZ
      abVersion...............REG_SZ......4950

      ab has the appearance of an icon, but clicking on it does nothing.

      This is obviously for version 4.95 -- how do I go about creating a separate entry for version 5 ?

      Thanks for the tips.

      Bruce
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic