18732Re: [NTB] setting the path for backup files

    Apr 29, 2006
      Hi Mike,

      You need to signup for the Clips list if you want to ask
      questions about writing Clips or asking somebody to write them
      for you. See me comments below...

      >Is it possible to set the path for backup files?
      >
      >I looked over the .ini file and did not see anything which might
      >change the default backup directory to a user specified one.

      No, there's not a way to set the path for the backup files. The
      only work-around that I can think of is to make a Clip to use on
      your default Clipbar in registered versions of NoteTab that you
      would click on to save the file somewhere you specify. You could
      also have an OnClose Clip event to save all open files to a
      specific folder, and also put it on the Clipbar. (You can signup
      for the Clips or OffTopic lists at the bottom of every NoteTab
      Basic list [NTB] message as well.) Please read the following list
      rules if you have not done so lately.

      Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
      lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
      read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
      properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

      _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
      some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
      lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
      from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
      things as well.

      - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
      Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
      immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

      Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
      Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
      Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

      - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
      Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
      the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
      Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

      - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
      reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

      - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
      line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
      the same message body of the last message received that you are
      replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
      the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
      I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
      message thread can be followed easier.

      - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
      on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
      competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
      say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
      then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
      the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
      to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
      every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
      cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

      + WHICH LIST to post on???

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      discussion takes place on the ntb-OffTopic list. The Aid4Mail,
      MailBag Assistant, Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express
      lists are for discussion of those programs.

      Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      lists.

      >Thanks,
      >-Mike

      Happy Clip'n!

      Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
      http://www.sojourner.us/software