18578Re: [NTB] Bug: ^P different in replace between Pro/Light/Standard ?

    Mar 15, 2006
      Hi dpasseng,

      I passed this over to the Clips list. Please look for replies
      over there. See the footer to join Clips the list or go to
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      >I think I recall prior discussion on this issue. I wrote a clip that
      >does this:
      >
      >^!Replace "^P" >> "|" ATIWS
      >
      >It works on a file that looks like this:
      >one
      >two
      >three
      >four
      >five
      >
      >In Pro it comes out:
      >one|two|three|four|five
      >
      >In Light it comes out:
      >one|
      >two|
      >three|
      >four|
      >five|
      >
      >I guess I consider this to be a bug, probably created by the
      >"control". It should behave the same. Worse yet, I cannot figure out
      >what the characters are I am searching for because if I highlight the
      >"return" it appears to show some extra character (that looks like a
      >space at the end of the line) but if I copy after highlighting and put
      >in a search in replace window it is just a ^P character, but it
      >doesn't work.

      The bug is in Std/Light. This is the work-around I just now made:

      >I think we discussed this a while ago, but I cannot find it. Any
      >suggestions for how I write my clip to work regardless of the version
      >of notetab I am in? Can I check for Pro vs Standard vs Light in the
      >application name and then vary the input in that search term?
      >
      >Can someone with standard tell me does it show standard in the
      >application name at the top when it is running?
      >
      >What do I need to put in there for standard? Will it be the same as
      >light?

      NoteTab Pro looks correct to me. NoteTab Standard/Light use the
      same input control which mat or may not be where the problem is.

      I have a copy of the bug in my bug folder for NoteTab in another
      copy of my mail client and will send this to it anyway.

      >Help ... anybody remember this discussion and the solution?

      I remember it, but have it in my bugs folder in another copy of
      NoteTab. I made a Clip that will work-around the problem. I'll
      post it along with this message on the Clips list. Please
      continue the thread using Clips over on that list. TIA

      Happy Clip'n!

      Convert your eMail programs... Aid4Mail: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      Freeware and Shareware; some seamleesly integrates with NoteTab:
      http://www.sojourner.us/software