18565Re: Bug: ^P different in replace between Pro/Light/Standard ?

  • Website Managers
    Mar 13, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dpasseng" <don@...> wrote:

      > I think I recall prior discussion on this issue. I wrote a clip that
      > does this:
      >
      > ^!Replace "^P" >> "|" ATIWS
      >
      > I guess I consider this to be a bug, probably created by the
      > "control". It should behave the same. Worse yet, I cannot figure
      out
      > what the characters are I am searching for because if I highlight the
      > "return" it appears to show some extra character (that looks like a
      > space at the end of the line) but if I copy after highlighting and
      put
      > in a search in replace window it is just a ^P character, but it
      > doesn't work.

      Since ^P is [supposedly] a carriage return/line feed pair (^C^L) have
      you tried using those instead of ^P? When testing in PRO, using them
      totogether produces an extra line, while using either ^C or ^L
      produces the same results as ^P.

      Jim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic