18436Re: [NTB] Differentiating two separate installations

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Jan 17, 2006
      ericbj@... wrote:
      > The Problem:
      > How to get .TXT files to open in one copy of
      > NoteTab and .OTL files in the other ?
      > _________________________________
      > I use outline files for organising information
      > and gaining easy access to key files. However
      > amongst the welter of tabs of open files,
      > the key OTL files take a time to find.
      > To overcome this, I installed a second copy of
      > NoteTab, on another partition. This works
      > fine as long as the files are opened from :
      > File menu --> Open

      I have no actual knowledge, but I would try naming my second copy of
      notetab.exe something else. This may or may not work! Then do a file
      association with each type to notetab2.exe or notetab.ext. Some
      programs have to be called what they are supposed to be called to work
      right. I don't think that is true for notetab, but you might let us
      know if you try it.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic