18305Re: Replacing Notepad with NoteTab Light v.4.95

  • Keith Johnson
    Dec 9, 2005
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ayezeeone" <ayezeeone@y...> wrote:

      > Yes, I realize you've probably had this question 5000 times, but I
      > just don't have time to search through a million more posts. I
      found
      > one page here with a link which was supposed to supply the answer,
      but
      > the link was no good.
      >
      > So, when in NoteTab v.4.95, and I click on "Help" and then click
      > on "Replace MS Notepad" and go through that step, it doesn't
      replace
      > Notepad with NoteTab afterall.
      >
      > Do I need to rename Notepad's and NoteTab's extensions?
      >
      > I'm aware that WFP may be preventing the replacement, but tips on
      how
      > to get around this would be appreciated.
      >
      > Matter of fact, any help here is appreciated.

      Hi..New Member but have had the program for awhile. I couldn't get
      it to change this way either. You probably have it figured out by
      now but what I did was open Internet Explorer, went to Tools, folder
      options, file types, scrolled down to the TXT on the left and
      changed the program that you open files with this extension with.
      You can always click on the restore button if you change your
      mind..Did I tell you that I use WinXP..Hope this is what you are
      talking about? If not Sorry...Keithmj

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic