18034Re: [NTB] Regular expressions syntax

    Aug 26, 2005
      Hi Marco,

      You might try asking on the Clips or Scripts lists. There are
      some regular expression experts on them that can point you to
      some tutorials or answer specific questions. Please keep in mind
      that there are a few bugs in the current RegExp engine. Eric is
      not going to fix those, because they are deep inside the search
      engine. We will be using a Perl type RegExp engine in the next
      release. Please take a few minutes out to read the following
      about posting on the Fookes discussion mailing lists.

      You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
      lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
      read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
      properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

      _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
      some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
      lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
      from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
      things as well.

      - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
      Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
      immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

      Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
      Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
      Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

      - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
      Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
      the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
      Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

      - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
      reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

      - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
      line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
      the same message body of the last message received that you are
      replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
      the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
      I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
      message thread can be followed easier.

      - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
      on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
      competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
      say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
      then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
      the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
      to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
      every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
      cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

      + WHICH LIST to post on???

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:

      Jody's Affiliate Links for Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.us

      >Someone could point me where to find a better explanation about using
      >Regular Expressions in NoteTab?
      >The NoteTab help doesn´t help so much.
      >Marco Lúcio

      Happy Clip'n!