17648Re: [NTB] Error_"Cannot rename TEXT2: It is being used by another person or program"

  • tyrueiwo
    Feb 28, 2005
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi tyrueiwo,
      >
      > This is due to the Windows File Protection system. Windows
      > (2000/XP, maybe NT) locks out the folder even when the file is
      > closed. The program must be closed in order to rename/delete the
      > folder. You can test that with MS products and see the same thing
      > happen. I do not know of a work around for this.

      Thanks J.

      I see this page

      http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Tweaking-XP-
      Windows-File-Protection-SP2.html

      provides some advice, but I haven't tested it yet
      And I am not at all sure I want to, as I do not understand the issues
      yet. I wish it could be disabled on a folder by folder basis, that
      is, set it up so that it protects anything under Window, Program
      Files, and whatnot, and leaves much of the rest alone.