17647Re: [NTB] Error_"Cannot rename TEXT2: It is being used by another person or program"

    Feb 28, 2005
      Hi tyrueiwo,

      This is due to the Windows File Protection system. Windows
      (2000/XP, maybe NT) locks out the folder even when the file is
      closed. The program must be closed in order to rename/delete the
      folder. You can test that with MS products and see the same thing
      happen. I do not know of a work around for this.

      >Using XP Home (SP2), if I have a text file open in NoteTab Pro, I
      >cannot rename the folder using Total Commander, nor using Explorer.
      >
      >Is there a way around this in NTP
      > --- some toggle?
      >
      >Even if I close the document and leave the NTP instance open, I still
      >cannot rename its folder!!
      > ;-/
      >
      >and I actually have to close NTP to rename the folder that holds
      >the document that was opened in the recent NTP instance or
      >session.

      Happy Tab'n,