17639Error_"Cannot rename TEXT2: It is being used by another person or program"

  • tyrueiwo
    Feb 25, 2005
      Hi there,
      Using XP Home (SP2), if I have a text file open in NoteTab Pro, I
      cannot rename the folder using Total Commander, nor using Explorer.

      Is there a way around this in NTP
      --- some toggle?

      Even if I close the document and leave the NTP instance open, I still
      cannot rename its folder!!
      ;-/

      and I actually have to close NTP to rename the folder that holds the
      document that was opened in the recent NTP instance or session.

      In Explorer the error message is
      "Cannot rename TEXT2: It is being used by another person or program"
      "Close any programs that might be using that file and try again"

      Well this never used to happen to me using Win98 with NTP, so I guess
      it is an XP function to counteract sharing or something, but it is
      highly handicapping to even have to exit NTP merely to rename a
      folder of document that has already even been closed in NTP.

      Thanks for any help in this regard
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic