16128Re: [NTB] Re: Back to Keeping my... (on and on)

  • Larry Thomas
    Jan 15, 2004
      Hi Charles and Kevin,

      At 08:20 PM 1/15/04 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Kevin:
      >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:09:55 -0800 (PST), Kevin Royal wrote:
      >>Everybody has lovely ideas for me to try, but unfortunately I'm
      >>still muddled (and currently trying to work with *both* versions of
      >>NoteTab open at once... ROFL).
      >I think I may have figured out what you problems are...
      >1. You are running short of MEMORY (RAM).
      >2. Running both versions of NoteTab only increases that possibility. You
      >also mentioned using a graphic program which you said will max out your
      >ram, and cause a reboot.
      >3. If you Reboot without closing NoteTab it will not have saved the
      >information related to your open files!
      >I just bought another 512 MB of ram and it works wonders!
      >Charlie R.

      WARNING!! Kevin says he is using Windows 98 the same as I am. Windows 98
      will not use any RAM above 128 Megabytes. I have Windows XP on another
      Drive in a Drive tray and one of these days, I will install it into my
      computer and move all of my programs over to it but until then I can only
      us 128 Megs of the one Gigabyte of RAM that I have now. It causes my ATI
      All-In-Wonder to freeze up my system if I try to use the video recording
      features built into the card. So he can upgrade to 128 Megs if he does not
      already have that much RAM but he should not add more unless he is also
      going to a higher version of Windows that will support the extra RAM.

      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic