15552Re: Re: [NTB] Preview in browser help

  • Alec Burgess
    Aug 31, 2003
      Pixie:

      That's weird that it won't work.
      The one other thing that might be worth trying is:
      (freeware) SetBrowser http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/gui/ I've found
      that the various methods each browser has for setting itself as default
      don't always do everything required. This program seems to get everything
      neccessary (eg. to make sure you can get to the browser of your choice from
      Outlook Express). This shouldn't be necessary though to get to either
      MainBrowser or OtherBrowser from Notetab. I've flipped them back and forth
      from one browser to another w/o ever having the problem Pixie describes.

      If you've got several of IE, (an IE based browser eg. MyIE2, NetCaptor,
      Sleipnir), Mozilla, MozillaFirebird, and Opera you could try several of them
      one after another - maybe their respective behaviors will provide a clue.

      One oddity I've noticed is that sometimes if I've got one of the IE-based
      browsers open a request to open a page in one of the other IE-based browsers
      sometimes gets opened in the one already open - probably not related to
      either yours (Pixies's) or Julies problems.

      Julie: When you described your problem I realized that I usually already
      have M-F open. I just tried closing M-F, then opening a page in it from
      Other Browser. I got the popup asking which user-code to use (I have mine
      set that way), then M-F opened, and put the file I was trying to open:
      http://program%20files/AmbPF/NoteTab%20Pro/efo~1.htm
      in the address bar but gave a 404 saying:
      >> couldn't find the site named...
      program%20files
      Check that the name is correct. If so, the site may have changed or may no
      longer exist <<

      I immediately tried to open it again, and this time it worked. I don't know
      whether its an initalization/timing problem or whether diddling with
      browser.dat parameters would be able to correct the problem ...

      Regards ... Alec