14948Re: Don't Want Multiple Instances

  • popswork
    May 9, 2003
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi popswork,
      >
      > Larry's suggestion is correct and Sheri's if you are running
      > switches in your shortcuts. Just a hunch, but I think what may
      > be happening is you have more than one NoteTab installed and you
      > are changing (uncheck Allow Multiple Instances) in one of them,
      > but using a shortcut to the other that has not been unchecked.
      > That's my guess anyway. Do a search for NotePro.exe or
      > NoteTab.exe depending on the version(s) you are running to find
      > all the installs. Search over all your drives.

      Thank you all who have offered suggestioins - you forced me to dig
      deeper and I think I found the problem. Everything works as expected
      now that I changed my shortcut in my Startup folder from a UNC format
      \\c$\Program Files\NoteTab\notetab.exe to the standard format
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab\notetab.exe. Not sure how I got it that way
      in the first place, but hey - it works now!
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic