14807Re: [NTB] Associated file types editor

  • Ugly Person
    Apr 6 5:37 PM
      From: "joljol56" <jol@...>
      To: <notetab@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 7:41 PM
      Subject: [NTB] Associated file types editor

      > Now trying to create a file type through Windows procedures I get the
      > error message that a file type for html has already been defined as
      > htmlfile. Only thing is htmlfile is NOT in the file list, so I can't
      > delete it to recreate a html file type WITH Print by IE defined.
      >
      > What has IE to do with this discussion group? Well - did NoteTabPro
      > take over the html file type association without properly setting the
      > Registry so I can manually remove htmlfile ??
      >
      > NoteTabPro continues to function even though the file types htm and
      > html are no longer shown as associated.

      A few thoughts.
      In NoteTab Pro, go to the menu and select VIEW > OPTIONS
      Select "Advanced" and under the "Application" section, make a check mark
      beside "Store settings in registry".
      Select "View" and under the "Window" section, choose "Show advanced
      features".
      Select "Associations"
      In the small box at the top, enter the extension you wish to associate with
      NoteTab.
      Don't include the period at the beginning. It won't let you anyhow.
      Press the "Add" button and the extension will be added to the list in the
      bottom box.
      Click "OK" when done. This SHOULD work. If not, exit NoteTab and then try.

      Other options.... two programs I find very useful in manipulating file
      extensions (both freeware) are:

      WAssociate 3.3 from http://www.xs4all.nl/~wstudios/Associate/
      and Freedom of Association 1.2 from

      The first one, WAssociate takes you right into the registry links that
      control the file types - the real nitty gritty. As I said, both are
      freeware, so if one doesn't suit you, the other might. I use both. But try
      the first option, using NoteTab itself to fix the problem. Unless you
      already tried - then the other methods may be just the ticket.

      -Sean
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic