14509RE: [NTB] Notetab playing sounds!

    Jan 22, 2003
      Hi Brian and Martin,

      (I'm passing this over to the Next-Release list.)

      >Unplug the speaker wire from the motherboard that goes to the
      >internal speaker.

      That sounds great, but will that prevent sound from coming out of
      my external speakers via my sound card? :) If yes, I'll tear
      into it. Like Martin, I've gone to all the NoteTab and Windows
      places to disable the sound.

      I'm testing with a document that needs saving for the first time
      (FWIW) and using the Close tool from the Toolbar. The same thing
      happens from the Tab menu. It is the Windows default beep (in
      Win XP Pro) that is used for the sound. Actually, I have a sound
      configured again for my Tab bar and the Windows default beep is
      overriding the sound I have configured there when I use the Tab
      menu to close the document. (The sound I have configured works
      when I switch tabs.)

      >> Notetab makes an annoying sound whenever a message box is
      >> displayed. System sounds are completely disabled and no other
      >> applications make these sounds. The "MS-Office Sounds" checkbox
      >> in Options|View is disabled.
      >>
      >>How do I stop these annoying sounds?
      >>
      >>Windows XP Home Edition, 2.66 GHz, 256 MB RAM

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      UnSubscribe, Options

    »