14248Re: [NTB] Rebuilding SysTray icon following Explorer crashes

  • Tarkus
    Nov 1, 2002
      • On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:29:51 -0500
      • "Alec Burgess" <burale@...> wrote:

      > Suit yourself ;-) but when I deliberately crash Explorer (in Win2K); of
      > the twenty-five icons normally in sysTray (five of which I hide with
      > TrayManager in normal usage) only seven or eight still show up
      > afterwards. When I use TrayManager - they all come back.
      >
      > That's a lot of software authors you'll have to convince to make the
      > "trivial" fix to their otherwise correctly running programs. Let us know
      > how you make out!

      Most of my tray icons I keep hidden anyway, using XP's custom
      notifications. Of the ones I use regularly, most already repair
      themselves. Ironically, one that doesn't is the Task Manager, but it's
      a right-click away in the taskbar, so it's easy to fix.
      --
      "I'm not wearing any pants. Film at eleven"
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic