14247Re: [NTB] Rebuilding SysTray icon following Explorer crashes

  • Alec Burgess
    Nov 1, 2002
      Tarkus wrote (Fri, 01-Nov-2002 10:58 [GMT-0500]):
      > . On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 02:39:28 -0500
      > . "Alec Burgess" <burale@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Try free PCMag utility TrayManager 2
      >
      > Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather not have to run a separate
      > program, if the problem can be fixed in NTP. Other programs have been
      > updated to rebuild tray icons when Explorer crashes, so I'm pretty
      > sure that the same could be done to NTP.

      Suit yourself ;-) but when I deliberately crash Explorer (in Win2K); of
      the twenty-five icons normally in sysTray (five of which I hide with
      TrayManager in normal usage) only seven or eight still show up
      afterwards. When I use TrayManager - they all come back.

      That's a lot of software authors you'll have to convince to make the
      "trivial" fix to their otherwise correctly running programs. Let us know
      how you make out!

      > Thanks again.
      Regards ... Alec
      --