14225Re: [NTB] Spelling, Thesaurus, Dictionaries!

    Oct 30, 2002
      Hi Wayland,

      It depends on when you bought NoteTab Pro whether they came with
      the program or not. If you do not see them in NoteTab's
      Dictionaries folder, then the following will aid you in
      installing the English dictionaries and thesaurus. (If you want
      other dictionaries installed you need to manually install them
      from a zip file as described below.)

      You need to properly install dictionaries before you can use the
      Spell Checker and thesaurus. The following is how to install and
      use the American English dictionaries and thesaurus. Download and
      install the following installation program by clicking on
      "dicts.exe" after downloading it. All the dictionaries and the
      thesaurus go into NoteTab's Dictionaries folder.

      Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus (size 1,394
      KB; updated 8 May 2000) http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

      The following files should be installed to NoteTab's Dictionaries
      folder:

      English.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.dct)
      AmerAdd.dct (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\AmerAdd.dct)
      English.thr (..\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\English.thr)

      The end result in the Spell Checker configuration (View | Spell
      Checker Options...) window should be the following. Make sure the
      boxes are checked.

      Base English v2.01
      American Add-on v2.01

      To use the Spell Checker simply load a document and press the
      Spell Check button. To use the thesaurus simply press F12 or
      click on Tools | Thesaurus.

      If you still have problems, close NoteTab and delete Spell.cfg
      found in its main folder. Start NoteTab and run the Spell
      Checker. When you are asked to configure the Spell Checker, do so
      at that time.

      Please press Help in the Spell Checker at any time it is open for
      more details and/or also press Options in the same dialog to set
      some options. You may also get to the same information from View
      | Spell Checker Options...

      Installing other dictionaries will be similar although they come
      in a compressed zip file. Additional dictionaries are located at
      our dictionaries page and do not have an installation program.
      Extract them into the Dictionaries folder and use the Add button
      in View | Spell-checker Options... to get them configured.

      http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm