14006Re: [NTB]

  • hsavage
    Sep 3, 2002
      º Daniel Müller wrote:
      º
      º Hi,
      º
      º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
      º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
      characters
      º from the beginning of a line?
      º
      º Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
      º
      º TIA,
      º cheers,
      º Daniel
      º
      º
      Daniel,

      I'm not a regex-er but, using the start Hugo made, I played with this
      until it worked.

      This would be a single line clip to remove all line numbers that are
      followed by a period and 1 or more spaces.

      -------------
      h=remove-LINE-numbers
      ^!Replace ^\d*\.\s* >> ^%empty% TISwAR
      -----------

      The W in TISwAR causes numbers in the entire document to be replaced.
      Remove the W and numbers from the cursor position down will be replaced.

      You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
      too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
      with a clip the function is always available.

      If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
      '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
      the bottom line blank.

      Hope this will help.

      hrs
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic