13216Re: [NTB] Problem with Oracle SQL*PLUS and NoteTab lite 4.86C

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Apr 5 3:16 PM
      At 21:09 05/04/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >With the previous versions, when I invoked the editor in Sql*Plus
      >with the edit command, NOTETAB would be invoked and it would edit a
      >temporary file called afiedt.buf. While notetab was running the
      >SQL*Plus program would wait. When notetab was exited, sql*Plus would
      >read in the afiedt.buf file and insert the contents into its working
      >buffer (fairly standard stuff). What happens with the 8.46c version
      >is that sql*plus never waits and immediatly reads in the contents of
      >afiedt.buf (which has not been changed). Any ideas why the behavoir
      >changed?

      Sql*Plus probably doesn't like the fact that there is already an instance
      of NoteTab that is open. Either close that instance before invoking NoteTab
      from your Sql*Plus program, or check the "View/Multiple Instances" menu
      command.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes