12494NoteTab Help Information and Downloads

    Dec 6, 2001
      Hi 'Tabbers,

      There are links to different files for help with various parts of
      NoteTab below my long rambling if anybody wants to just skip over
      it and download.

      Bryllars and others posting under the Subject "documentation and
      FUNCTIONAL clarity" thank you for "toning your voice down" a bit
      on this thread for it is really appreciated. I'm sorry about the
      flames that you may have received off the list and on the list,
      but I can understand why you did. It is sort of like somebody
      telling your kid sister she is fat when you are standing there
      with her if you know what I mean. Most this stuff is wasted time
      anyway since Eric will be rewriting the Help file for v5. I
      thought I'd put my 2 cents in now to help explain some things for
      all reading.

      I agree with just about everything said going your way and part
      of what you posted. Jim Hall basically posted what I was going
      to say along with reiterating some of the statement that the task
      you want to achieve is simply impossible. I also include RS'
      correct statement knowing that NoteTab's Help file is one of the
      best I have ever seen. I actually reference it since it does
      have useful information in it and it is well laid out (especially
      when comparing it with other Help files). All that is contrary
      to a Bill Gates attitude. You will not find many programmers
      answering discussion list mail at all, let alone as much as Eric
      does. Eric, some others, and myself know that the program Eric
      uses to make the index with does not index a lot of words so
      there are some keywords "missing" that should be indexed. Some,
      or a fair amount of the Help file was edited by Ray Fitzgerald
      and some other "old timers", many users corrections, and other
      parts rewritten by users. Look at it this way, the more time
      Eric spends doing something he does not like doing like the Help
      file the more time he has to program. Most users would much
      rather have factuality over documentation. We could do everything
      you want and more and we will still have a great many unhappy
      campers. You are basically asking for more of a tutorial than a
      regular Help file. A searchable all text version is easy to get
      like I think I have already mentioned on the other thread this
      was on before you renamed it.

      I mentioned the other day to get the RTF version and then save it
      as TXT. You can search it with regular expressions (RegExp) and
      perhaps a Clip that will do AND, OR, NOT (which I have) or even
      use a neat tool for searching and learning with RegExp called
      Ransack. I will post a Clip or two and give a link for the
      freeware on the Clips list in a later post. (See link in my
      sigline to get on the Clips list. You can sign up and set your
      options to NoMail/Web or whatever they are calling it now-a-
      days.)

      NoteTab's Glossary
      NoteTab Glossary, Edition 1.7
      Last updated on 08-31-2001
      Glossary.otl 85.41KB
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/glossary.zip 35.17KB

      Clipbar Help
      Clipbar.html 28.96KB
      http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm 28.76KB

      Clipbar Outline
      Same as above, but in Outline form
      Clipbar.otl 17.80KB
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip 5.28KB

      ClipClass: last updated on 08-27-2001, 11:26am (Lesson 10)
      Ongoing lessons for Clip building
      ClipClass.clb 54.59KB
      ClipClass.otl 134.26KB
      Toolbar.txt 18.09KB
      Program layout (focused on Clip writing - online)
      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/starting.htm
      The following are in clipclass.zip
      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/cbarotl.zip 12.57KB
      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/tooltips.zip 3.42KB
      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip 305.46KB

      Well done v4.86 full Help file in CHM format.
      Need IE to use the file type, but much better
      than HLP format: by Hugo <paulissen@...> 273.77KB
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/help486chm.zip 260.78KB

      I have the Help file in RTF format for printing. Actually, two
      versions of it. The first is a complete version (help486lg.zip)
      and the smaller one has all the information that is not needed for
      its use like legal, ordering, acknowledgements, etc. deleted
      (zip/help486sm.zip). You could delete the Clip information as
      well. Then only print what you actually need saving probably over
      100 sheets of paper and other text just getting in your way.
      Here's the links in case you are interested and is available free
      at this time:

      Complete NoteTab Help file in RTF format:
      Can be edited for printing
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/help486lg.zip 129.00KB
      Partial NoteTab Help file in RTF format
      Ordering information, Legal, etc. omitted
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/help486sm.zip 107.00KB

      Complete NoteTab Help file in HTML format (Will update later)
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/help483htm.zip 348.10KB

      Searchable Clip Help from NoteTab's Help File
      Must have Internet Explorer Installed
      NTBhelp483.chm 177.09KB
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/help483chm.zip 154.57KB

      The latest PDF file I have is v4.84 done by Bryan. I will get
      with him and see if he will update it for us. He is a very busy
      and expensive man, so I for one greatly appreciate the time he
      has been taking to do the Help file in PDF. So, if you can
      afford $500.00-$1000.00 an hour for consulting fees on Adobe he
      is your man indeed! Bryan Guignard <bryang@...>