12115Re: [NTB] Re: Selecting Paragraphs from keyboard

    Oct 8, 2001
      Hi Amitava, Hugo, Steve, and Others,

      >>> What is the keyboard shortcut in NTP for selecting whole
      >>> paragraphs? In Word, for instance, Ctrl+Shift+Down from the
      >>> beginning of a paragraph will do in but it seems to do
      >>> something entirely different here. The "Keyboard Shortcuts"
      >>> section is strangely silent on this subject.
      >I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! Something as wonderful as piece of software
      >does not have a keyboard method for selecting paragraphs? <g>

      Actually, NoteTab can select paragraphs with the keyboard. What
      is causing it to appear that it does not is that NoteTab
      considers all the text from BOL to EOL as one paragraph no matter
      how many lines it covers on the screen. In other words, NoteTab
      considers a paragraph from the start of a line until it finds the
      first hard line break (CR/LF).

      So, word wrap and the cursor position is mostly the key to it.
      With the cursor located anywhere in a word wrapped line

      Ctrl+W Home Shift+End

      Perhaps in version five we will be able to define what a paragraph
      is, such as it is now or a blank line between text.