12082Re: Selecting Paragraphs from keyboard

  • Hugo
    Oct 5, 2001
      Amitava, (and thank you for your other message),

      > What is the keyboard shortcut in NTP for selecting whole
      paragraphs? In
      > Word, for instance, Ctrl+Shift+Down from the beginning of a
      paragraph will
      > do in but it seems to do something entirely different here.
      The "Keyboard
      > Shortcuts" section is strangely silent on this subject.

      You're right, I don't think there is a keyboard way to select a
      paragraph. In NTP CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN scroll just up and down the
      text. NTLight apparently uses another engine, and there you can
      extend a selection with this key-combination.

      A couple of months ago this subject was on this list. A blind user
      wanted to select paragraphs etc. (obviously with the keyboard ;-) and
      we made up a couple of short clips for him. A small discussion about
      what actually would have to be regarded as a paragraph followed. In
      the original clips I searched for the occurence of ^P^P, but in the
      ones that I will send to the clips-list (I know you're there as well)
      in this message I set it back to ^P...

      Continued on clips-list.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic