11269RE: [NTB] NoteTab, File Associations and Win 2000

  • Brad Kinser
    Jul 8 2:42 AM
      Thanks for the help Jody.

      I had never encountered an app that took an association, yet only spawned a blank page before, so it has had be perplexed.

      I don't have NoteTab installed right now, but I will see if these suggestions help when I try again after my laptop arrives. I'm very rusty at HTML, so on the rare occasion that I edit any HTML files, I just cheat and use FrontPage... *grin* As for using the Send-To menu item to open docs in NoteTab, I believe that worked previously, but I was spoiled with the direct association, so that's what I'm shooting for this time around. I'm also not concerned about replacing Notepad, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the associations for TXT files would not hold because of Notepad being the Win2000 default editor AND it being a "watched" system file. I think that's what spawned the whole confusion. I will try your suggestions and will double-check to make sure DDE is not enabled.

      Thanks,

      Brad