10142Re: [NTB] cannot save files

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Feb 4 6:42 AM
      beret wrote:

      > Jody,
      > > I set up an update page for you. There are notes on the page:
      > > http://www.notetab.net/html/win95.htm
      >
      > Some of the links are dead:
      >
      > -KERNEL32 Update
      > -Win95 OLE32 Update
      > -System Updates
      >
      > bert.

      Hi,

      Bert and Jody,

      I don't know if this will be of any help but I use both sites
      below to try to keep my computer software updated.

      Both links work pretty well. They both scan your hard drive to
      check for needed updates and the both come up with somewhat
      different results.

      The only thing you may not like is, the cnet site has to download
      and install a small program on your hard drive. I've had it for
      several months and it is, apparently, safe.

      Just pay attention to the term of the found updates, some are
      updates while others are upgrades. The upgrades are either
      time-limited or will cost for purchase of software.

      If you've already tried these with no help, sorry, but thay are
      handy to have around for a quick check.

      http://catchup.cnet.com/

      http://updates.zdnet.com/

      hrs