A Liche in Time saves Nine

  • kbtyger4
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2017

      OK, I know, some people have different pronunciations of 'liche'. I'm going with the one that rhymes with 'licked'. like an ice cream cone.

      Question:

      My undead units all have a KGB liche hanging out with the commander.
      My light troops do not.
      My Wraith line troops currently do not.
      My cavalry do not (for flying wraiths that's obvious, but my land-bound weaker mummy cavalry also do not have KGB riders accompanying them).

      Does this sound correct?

       - Ken

    • Jerry Frazee

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2017

          And dictionary.com says it like 'ditch'.

          Oh the horror .... 😀

          - Ken

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 14, 2017, at 3:07 PM, Jerry Frazee jfrazee@... [notablemembers] <notablemembers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Well, pronounce it that way if you like, but the dictionary says different!

          On May 14, 2017, at 2:56 PM, TYGHOCK@... [notablemembers] <notablemembers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          OK, I know, some people have different pronunciations of 'liche'. I'm going with the one that rhymes with 'licked'. like an ice cream cone.

          Question:

          My undead units all have a KGB liche hanging out with the commander.
          My light troops do not.
          My Wraith line troops currently do not.
          My cavalry do not (for flying wraiths that's obvious, but my land-bound weaker mummy cavalry also do not have KGB riders accompanying them).

          Does this sound correct?

           - Ken

        • raminad8
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2017
            As does Translate Google. Litch...

            In any event in Flintloque you are fine as lights and horse must be savant zombies who can function w/o a Liche.

            In Slaughterloo, liches are not compuldary but do help with form rolls, ans in order for an Undead unit to do anything it MUST make a form roll.

            Hope that helps.

            Bob

            Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2017
              Hello Ken,

              All Undead troops need a Liche from the KGB if they fall under the motivation of the dead rules.  Light Troops which are mortal do not, Savant Zombies do not.  Wraiths do not.  It is assumed in Slaughterloo that all Undead cavalry and gunners are Savant type due to complexity of task.

              As for pronunciations.  You can have Liche (licked), Liche (as in 'Shessh'), Liche (L'itch) and so on.  As long as you are happy.  :-)

              Gavin.
            • Katie Lucas
              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2017
                On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 08:40:02AM +0000, aastaff01@... [notablemembers] wrote:
                > Hello Ken,
                >
                > All Undead troops need a Liche from the KGB if they fall under the motivation of the dead rules. Light Troops which are mortal do not, Savant Zombies do not. Wraiths do not. It is assumed in Slaughterloo that all Undead cavalry and gunners are Savant type due to complexity of task.
                >
                > As for pronunciations. You can have Liche (licked), Liche (as in 'Shessh'), Liche (L'itch) and so on. As long as you are happy. :-)
                >
                > Gavin.

                It is apparently "Litch"... The L from SLY. The I from KIT and the CH
                from CHINA. I've been using "Leesh" because that's how the guys in the
                GW shop pronounced it when I started gaming...

                From the Old English for body (both in the sense of corpse or torso),
                which is itself pronounced something between LISH and LICK with your
                tongue close to the top of your mouth but not making the "pop" of the
                K.

                This reminds me of a question:

                If you have more than one Liche in a unit, does the unit have to
                undergo transmogrification on loss or can it just use the spare?

                I'm tempted to think no, because the point of the Liche is to express
                locally the remote will of the Star Wraith... and if there's a Liche
                remaining, that's covered.