Re: Vimeiro

  • urbanfrog2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      Yes Vileairo - its a nice wee scenario that. Played it a couple of times recently too. The setup albion gun is troublesome from the word go! I added a unit of Ferach militia to the Ferachy and a unit of goblin line to the Albion for a bit more lead on the table.

      --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, "M. C. Monkeydew" <raminad9@...> wrote:

      > Played a cracking S'loo game today using the scenario in the back of the
      > book.
      >
      > Demned Hussar's de Jeune retreated off the table from their start line due
      > to casualties from Albion battery.
      >
      > Without their aid it was literally an uphill slog for the Ferach although
      > the Gurbark Dog Line did sterling service forcing the Rifles back after the
      > Chasserus a Pied were chewed up. Quite literally, Thrice Deuced Ferach
      > Lights had orc tusk marks all over themselves or should I say them elves?
      >
      > I rather foolishly set up the Ferach heavy battery only to then block its
      > fire with a unit of Linve. Couldn't be helped mind you what with the Hussars
      > gone off for, no doubt wine, womelves, and song. Brigadier Gerard would have
      > been appalled had he been there.
      >
      > Still, good fun and all that sort of thing. Nice to dust off the figures
      > again so to speak.
      >
      > Bob
      > --
      > M. C. Monkey-Dew's Games on the web <http://mcmdgames.blogspot.com>
      >
      > "Nothing is impossible for a Man with a top hat, with a Monkey with a
      > monocle!" -- Professor Elemental

    • M. C. Monkeydew
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
        Actually there is one thing not clear.

        The map for the full scenario shows three Albion line units while the division has only two. Which one on the map is bogus?

        It doesn't really matter obviously. Just curious.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
          Yes that is a graphic error. There should be one Albion line behind the northernmost hill.

        • keelingba@talktalk.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
            sounds like the 50ths location to me .
            Right where the monument stands today