Painting competition (before the price raise maybe?)

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 55 , Mar 2, 2011
      Being that I just knocked out most of my backlog of Flintloque figures and can finally justify some new purchases I'd love to finally have a chance to partake in a new painting competition. Something to keep me going at full steam on Flintloque.
      Any chances for the great "Licking the Brush Painting Competition of 2011"?
    • Roger Willcox
      Message 55 of 55 , Mar 11, 2011
        Hi Kurt,
        Interesting idea using enamels on water. I`ve used the technique on the past for marbling paper and card so shall experiment. Many thanks for the tip.
        "Vor, barbarian of the future" sounds a must see. THAT bad? Wow! (I`m a glutton for punishment) As regards "Attack of the 50 foot woman", I`ve always been rather partial to tall girls but 50 foot is a weeny bit too tall for my liking.
        Hmm! There`s a thought. Using 15mm minis in conjunction with a suitable 54mm female model and "Voila!" "Attack of the 50 foot woman"! coming shortly to a board near you! (I know the maths is somewhat out but I thinjk you get my drift).
        Oh, I didn`t ask for my money back after seeing Aotffw it was just that the first video that caught my eye as I scanned my collection of awful (or awesome) movies when I was typing.
        Cheers,
        Rog.
        From: Roger Willcox <roger.willcox1@...>
        To: notablemembers@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 2:31 AM

        Hi Andy,
        Aha! Taking some pics of the Louis XIV army will help me to use up a film which also has a photo of minis set up as "The Capture of Colonel Leonardo" during the famous "Cornetto Raid", and various other bits, mostly Robbyng Hoodie Fencibles. I also want to photograph my Jocco Bites (So named after the Edinborge chop house where the rebellion was first planned) Rebel rats complete with the Haggis hunters, caber tosser and porridge grenade throwers when they are finished (there`s even a scratch built wee Haggis for them to chase, they can be very dangerous when cornered).
        Thinking back to "smart paint", a paint that automatically did camouflage might be useful too.Perhaps the Acme company of the Roadrunner cartoons do it? They do one that looks like black paint which turns into a tunnel for the Roadrunner but turns back to paint on a rock face when the Coyote tries to follow. It must be true, I saw it on the telly!
        Cheers,
        Rog.
        Hmm! That might be useful to use in a little idea that has been in buzzing around in my head invoving the Bombe Bunny.
        (Fade out to Looney Toons music).