Notables Competition - The Fencibles - Rules and Entries

  • aastaff01
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 25, 2010
      Hello Everyone,

      THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!

      The next notables painting competition gathers pace.   Its time to sort out some terms and so forth.  Read on.

      Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition.  Here is the list so far of confirmed and possibles;

      Confirmed

      Tony Harwood
      Edward Gates
      Rob Alderman

      Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you are entering)

      Elton Waters
      Roger Willcox
      Andrew "Synjin"

      We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.

      PLEASE confirm if you are entering.  I will talk you through it.

      Secondly the terms of the Competition.

      1.  You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting of your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to make it a Fencibles entry.
      2.  You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the world of Valon.  This text will be included with images of the entry.
      3.  You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
      4.  The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
      5.  Images and text of completed entires must be send to enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
      6.  All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this group by NUMBER with no names.  A poll will be set up and each notable will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.  After one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will WIN.
      7.  The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00 voucher to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.

      Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.

      If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter.  Any notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along with any other items may have a 15% discount from that order.  Email me on enquiries@... for the discount code.  The offer lasts until 31st August 2010.

      Please act fast on this and lets get it going!

      Regards,

      Gavin.

    • Craig Andrews
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 25, 2010
        Heya Gavin (and fellow Notables)

        I've not painted a mini for nearly 10 years but I'll have a go :)

        Craig
        Webmaster
        Orcs in the Webbe
      • Roger Willcox
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 25, 2010
          Hi Gavin,
          You can count me in on the competition.
          "Leonardo, where did you leave my brushes? I don`t care if you haven`t finished work on the Toada Lisa yet, I need them for something important!"
          Cheers,
          Roger.

          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 25, 2010
            Would love to enter but Michael will nit let me.

[...]

            Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
          • Synjin
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 25, 2010
              Gavin,

              I'm in. Andrew Long in Alaska.

              Andrew :)

              --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, "aastaff01" <aastaff01@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
              >
              > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to sort
              > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
              >
              > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
              > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
              >
              > Confirmed
              >
              > Tony Harwood
              > Edward Gates
              > Rob Alderman
              >
              > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
              > are entering)
              >
              > Elton Waters
              > Roger Willcox
              > Andrew "Synjin"
              >
              > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
              >
              > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
              >
              > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
              >
              > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting of
              > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
              > make it a Fencibles entry.
              > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
              > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
              > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
              > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
              > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
              > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
              > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
              > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
              > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice. After
              > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will WIN.
              > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00 voucher
              > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
              >
              > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
              >
              > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
              > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along with
              > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
              > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
              > until 31st August 2010.
              >
              > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Gavin.

            • aastaff01
              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 26, 2010
                Hello Everyone,

                An update on the notables prepared to enter the competition as of 9am this morning.  See below.

                As always post here or email me direct NOW if you want to enter.  And email us direct for the discount code for miniatures to use.

                Confirmed

                Tony Harwood
                Edward Gates
                Rob Alderman
                Roger Wilcox
                Kevin Mansell
                Craig Andrews
                Andrew Long

                Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm youare entering)

                Elton Waters
                David McMasters
                Ed Cook

                Lets see how many more we get.

                Gavin.

                --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, "aastaff01" <aastaff01@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone,
                >
                > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
                >
                > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to sort
                > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
                >
                > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
                > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
                >
                > Confirmed
                >
                > Tony Harwood
                > Edward Gates
                > Rob Alderman
                >
                > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
                > are entering)
                >
                > Elton Waters
                > Roger Willcox
                > Andrew "Synjin"
                >
                > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
                >
                > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
                >
                > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
                >
                > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting of
                > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
                > make it a Fencibles entry.
                > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
                > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
                > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
                > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
                > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
                > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
                > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
                > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice. After
                > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will WIN.
                > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00 voucher
                > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                >
                > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                >
                > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along with
                > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
                > until 31st August 2010.
                >
                > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Gavin.

              • aastaff01
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 31, 2010
                  Hello Everyone,

                  Today is the last day to enter the competition by ordering a pack of
                  54031 or email me directly or posting on the group.

                  Those who wish to order can get the 15% off code until close of business
                  today by email request.

                  You have until 1st October 2010 to email your pictures and story for
                  your entry to me at Alternative Armies.

                  Post any questions. Glory Awaits!

                  Gavin.

                  wrote:

                  > Hello Everyone,
                  >
                  > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
                  >
                  > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to
                  sort
                  > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
                  >
                  > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
                  > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
                  >
                  > Confirmed
                  >
                  > Tony Harwood
                  > Edward Gates
                  > Rob Alderman
                  >
                  > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
                  > are entering)
                  >
                  > Elton Waters
                  > Roger Willcox
                  > Andrew "Synjin"
                  >
                  > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
                  >
                  > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
                  >
                  > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
                  >
                  > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting
                  of
                  > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
                  > make it a Fencibles entry.
                  > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
                  > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
                  > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
                  > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
                  > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
                  > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
                  > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
                  > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                  > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                  After
                  > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                  WIN.
                  > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                  voucher
                  > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                  >
                  > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                  >
                  > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                  > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                  with
                  > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                  > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
                  > until 31st August 2010.
                  >
                  > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Gavin.

                • Rob Fitzgerald
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 31, 2010
                    If it's not too late can I join in please

                    ... Rob
                  • Elton Waters
                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 31, 2010
                      I Enter

                      Elton

                      wrote:

                      > Hello Everyone,
                      >
                      > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
                      >
                      > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to
                      sort
                      > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
                      >
                      > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
                      > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
                      >
                      > Confirmed
                      >
                      > Tony Harwood
                      > Edward Gates
                      > Rob Alderman
                      >
                      > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
                      > are entering)
                      >
                      > Elton Waters
                      > Roger Willcox
                      > Andrew "Synjin"
                      >
                      > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
                      >
                      > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
                      >
                      > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
                      >
                      > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting
                      of
                      > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
                      > make it a Fencibles entry.
                      > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
                      > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
                      > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
                      > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
                      > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
                      > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
                      > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
                      > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                      > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                      After
                      > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                      WIN.
                      > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                      voucher
                      > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                      >
                      > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                      >
                      > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                      > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                      with
                      > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                      > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
                      > until 31st August 2010.
                      >
                      > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Gavin.

                    • aastaff01
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 1, 2010
                        Hello Rob,

                        Yes, you can get in on it. All you need is a set of 54031 and a few odd
                        figures too if you like and be able to paint them up and write a wee
                        story for them and take some pictures to send to me by the 1st October
                        2010.

                        Email AA if you need the miniatures for the discount code, I am a nice
                        guy!

                        Gavin.

                        --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Fitzgerald" <mailout@...>
                        wrote:

                        > If it's not too late can I join in please
                        >
                        > ... Rob

                      • aastaff01
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 1, 2010
                          Welcome!

                          Get painting Elton. Send images to me when you are ready.

                          Cheers,

                          Gavin.

                          --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, Elton Waters <magog001@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I Enter
                          >
                          > Elton
                          >

                          > ________________________________
                          Rules and
> [...]
                          notable
                          > > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                          > After
                          > > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                          > WIN.
                          > > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                          > voucher
                          > > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                          > >
                          > > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                          > >
                          > > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                          > > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                          > with
                          > > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me
                          on
                          > > enquiries@ for the discount code. The offer lasts
                          > > until 31st August 2010.
                          > >
                          > > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!

                        • Robert Alderman
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 2, 2010
                            Well, the process has begun. The sticky green stuff has come out and the black wash will be prevalent with these Hardy orcs!!!

                            I can't wait to see what some of you lot think about my regiment's background. People from outside the UK may find it a little hard to understand, but bear with it and all will be explained!!!

                            Cheers!

                            Rob

                          • Tony
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 12, 2010
                              OK - no spoilers.

                              I just felt like giving an update.

                              Now that all the figures have arrived. I have finished basing and begun painting. Progress has been slow, but I am pleased with the results so far. I am confident that my group will be finished well in time for the competition entry date.

                              As far as the back story is concerned: It took me some time to come up with a character and unit history that I liked, but once again I now feel I am getting there.

                              I was not able to find much information on the net about Fencibles and without giving too much away, I was wondering how other entrants are getting along with their entries.

                              Tony
                              http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/
                            • Edward
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 12, 2010
                                Based and undercoated

                                Got quite a bit more work to do...

                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                  Based, but one fell off. Not even undercoated yet.

                                  The background, I have had going for quite some time.

                                  Cheers
                                  Rob

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                    Hello All,

                                    No spoilers you lads! Keep working away. Plenty of time yet.

                                    Gavin.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                      HELLO EVERYONE.

                                      WOULD EVERYONE WHO IS CURRENTLY PREPARING AN ENTRY FOR THE PAINTING
                                      COMPETITION PLEASE POST A MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO THIS ONE TO CONFIRM
                                      THEY WILL ENTER. I would like to know how many entrants we have working
                                      towards the 1st October deadline for entries to me at AA.

                                      Thanks,

                                      Gavin.

                                      p.s. if you prefer to work in secret then email me at
                                      enquiries@... in private.

                                      wrote:

                                      > Hello Everyone,
                                      >
                                      > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
                                      >
                                      > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to
                                      sort
                                      > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
                                      >
                                      > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
                                      > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
                                      >
                                      > Confirmed
                                      >
                                      > Tony Harwood
                                      > Edward Gates
                                      > Rob Alderman
                                      >
                                      > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
                                      > are entering)
                                      >
                                      > Elton Waters
                                      > Roger Willcox
                                      > Andrew "Synjin"
                                      >
                                      > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
                                      >
                                      > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
                                      >
                                      > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
                                      >
                                      > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting
                                      of
                                      > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
                                      > make it a Fencibles entry.
                                      > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
                                      > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
                                      > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
                                      > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
                                      > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
                                      > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
                                      > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
                                      > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                                      > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                                      After
                                      > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                                      WIN.
                                      > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                                      voucher
                                      > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                                      >
                                      > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                                      >
                                      > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                                      > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                                      with
                                      > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                                      > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
                                      > until 31st August 2010.
                                      >
                                      > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
                                      >
                                      > Regards,
                                      >
                                      > Gavin.

                                    • Tony
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                        Hi Gavin - I prefer to work in secret - Oh Doh!

                                        I'm working away at my group. More than 50% complete and well on target for the 1st October deadline.

                                        I must get around to writing the background.

                                        Tony

                                      • Edward
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                          Hello Gavin

                                          Will definately be entering, just have to find a free weekend to finish them off.

                                          Edward

                                        • Robert Alderman
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 13, 2010
                                            I'm in the same boat.

                                            Should be able to whip something up with what you sent.

                                            Cheers
                                            Rob

> [...]

                                            > > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                                            > > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                                            > After
                                            > > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                                            > WIN.
                                            > > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                                            > voucher
                                            > > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                                            > >
                                            > > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                                            > >
                                            > > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                                            > > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                                            > with
                                            > > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                                            > > enquiries@ for the discount code. The offer lasts
                                            > > until 31st August 2010.
                                            > >
                                            > > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!

                                          • matakakea
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 14, 2010
                                              --- In notablemembers@yahoogroups.com, "aastaff01" <aastaff01@...> wrote:

                                              > HELLO EVERYONE.
                                              >
                                              > WOULD EVERYONE WHO IS CURRENTLY PREPARING AN ENTRY FOR THE PAINTING
                                              > COMPETITION PLEASE POST A MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO THIS ONE TO CONFIRM
                                              > THEY WILL ENTER. I would like to know how many entrants we have working
                                              > towards the 1st October deadline for entries to me at AA.
                                              >
                                              > Thanks,
                                              >
                                              > Gavin.

                                              Figures received and based, bayonets repaired and painting started. I still have to come up with a decent background though.

                                              Chris.
                                            • Tony
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 14, 2010
                                                "Figures received and based, bayonets repaired and painting started. I still have to come up with a decent background though."

                                                Chris.

                                                The strange thing is - That I was not able to start painting until I had come up with a background, it was like I was in limbo. Once I had the seed of a backstory idea - the characters and miniatures took on a life of their own. The only problem - I'm not sure I am a good enough writer to portray the backstory properly. We will have to see.

                                                Good luck to all and keep up the (no spoiler) updates.

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 16, 2010
                                                  Hello All,

                                                  Coming up with the idea for a background or story can take some time
                                                  (believe me!) but its worth the effort.

                                                  You could think along the lines of;

                                                  1. What Albion county are they from and why?
                                                  2. Who is their Colonel and what is he like?
                                                  3. If they have a motto, what is it and why?
                                                  4. Where are they stationed and who are they fighting at the moment?

                                                  This will get you started if stuck.

                                                  Gavin.

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 18, 2010
                                                    Hi ho everybody,
                                                    just back from Joccia, Roger  is still up for the competition. just realised,he`s sent a bit of something he was holding on to for much later on  but isn`t part of the competition. Pressed the wrong button the twit!
                                                    Coming soon to a screen near you, "Joccian Jaunts an` stuff!"
                                                    Cheers
                                                    Uncle Rogipoos

                                                    wrote:

                                                    > Hello Everyone,
                                                    >
                                                    > THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ !!!
                                                    >
                                                    > The next notables painting competition gathers pace. Its time to
                                                    sort
                                                    > out some terms and so forth. Read on.
                                                    >
                                                    > Firstly we need to find out who is entering the competition. Here is
                                                    > the list so far of confirmed and possibles;
                                                    >
                                                    > Confirmed
                                                    >
                                                    > Tony Harwood
                                                    > Edward Gates
                                                    > Rob Alderman
                                                    >
                                                    > Possibles (please reply to this post or email me direct to confirm you
                                                    > are entering)
                                                    >
                                                    > Elton Waters
                                                    > Roger Willcox
                                                    > Andrew "Synjin"
                                                    >
                                                    > We will need five or more entrants to make this comp worth holding.
                                                    >
                                                    > PLEASE confirm if you are entering. I will talk you through it.
                                                    >
                                                    > Secondly the terms of the Competition.
                                                    >
                                                    > 1. You must paint and base up any number of miniatures in a setting
                                                    of
                                                    > your choice AS LONG as miniatures from pack code 54031 are included to
                                                    > make it a Fencibles entry.
                                                    > 2. You must name your entry and give it a fictional setting in the
                                                    > world of Valon. This text will be included with images of the entry.
                                                    > 3. You may not enter if you work for Alternative Armies.
                                                    > 4. The deadline for entering is 31st August 2010.
                                                    > 5. Images and text of completed entires must be send to
                                                    > enquiries@... by 12 noon 1st October 2010.
                                                    > 6. All entries will be posted shortly after 1st October 2010 on this
                                                    > group by NUMBER with no names. A poll will be set up and each notable
                                                    > will have ONE vote to cast on the numbered entry of their choice.
                                                    After
                                                    > one week the poll will close and the entry with the most votes will
                                                    WIN.
                                                    > 7. The prize is firstly glory and fame and secondly a £20.00
                                                    voucher
                                                    > to use with Alternative Armies on any of our products.
                                                    >
                                                    > Lastly I can make the following offer to entrants.
                                                    >
                                                    > If you do not have 54031 you will need to order it to enter. Any
                                                    > notable who places an order with us that includes code 54031 along
                                                    with
                                                    > any other items may have a 15% discount from that order. Email me on
                                                    > enquiries@... for the discount code. The offer lasts
                                                    > until 31st August 2010.
                                                    >
                                                    > Please act fast on this and lets get it going!
                                                    >
                                                    > Regards,
                                                    >
                                                    > Gavin.

                                                  • Rob
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Sep 20, 2010
                                                      Ooooh Background written. It needs summarising though, I keep thinking of tongue and cheek jokes, but some of them are a bit too 'local'.

                                                      Conversions are almost done, bases are done. Just gotta paint the minis now. I have tomorrow off, so I can really buckle down on them.

                                                      Looking forward to this!!!

                                                      Rob
                                                    • Tony
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Sep 23, 2010
                                                        JUST ONE WEEK TO GO

                                                        I have to admit to doing little painting over the last week (visitors), but I have written a background story and although not up to the eloquent prose of Uncle Rogipoos, it has helped me visualise the group much better.

                                                        I think I had better 'pull my finger out' and start adding finishing touches to the entry, after all I still have the bases, the metal areas and the varnishing to complete before next Friday. I hope others are not leaving at as late!

                                                        I am looking forward to seeing the entries.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Sep 23, 2010
                                                          I'm leaving it even later!

                                                          I've had no time at all! Hopefully, I will get some done tonight and on Sunday and then during the week next week.

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Sep 29, 2010
                                                            Well, I've got the figures painted and photographed (sort off), and a draught of a background story done. After work tomorrow I will type it all up and e-mail it in! I'd do it tonight but it's wargames night and I'll be out the door faster than a Joccian to free Whisky :)

                                                            Chris (who could go an Islay malt right now himself).