Re: FW: [tvc-national] Action Alert - Anti-Christian Legislation Will Move Quickly

  • John Shuey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2007
      Did anyone visit their website? Crap, I'm relatively conservative
      but these a-holes are nothing more than Fred Phelps in sheeps'
      clothing.

      --- In northtexasatheists@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin B. Metcalf"
      <kevin.metcalf@...> wrote:

      > I can imagine the comments this will bring.
      >

      > Kevin Metcalf
      >

      > "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
      different
      > results."
      > --Albert Einstein
      >
      > Basic AIM Logo
      >
      > _____

      Will Move
      > Quickly
      >

      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/> .
      >

      > ACTION ALERT
      >

      > Pro-Homosexual/Drag Queen Hate Crimes Bill Will Move Quickly!
      >

      > Begins to Lay the Legal Framework Whereby Bible-believing Pastors,
      Business
      > Owners and Individuals can be Persecuted and Prosecuted.
      >
      > _____
      >

      > It is <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/> vital that Bible-
      believing
      > people immediately contact their U.S. Representative and Two (2)
      U.S.
      > Senators.
      >
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/>
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/>
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/> We must defeat H.R. 1592,
      the Local
      > Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007, by Congressman
      John
      > Conyers, Democrat from Michigan, who is Judiciary Committee
      Chairman!
      > Also, it is expected that Senator Ted Kennedy, Democrat from
      Massachusetts,
      > will soon introduce similar legislation in the U.S. Senate.
      >
      > Without your action <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/> , this
      > anti-Christian legislation will pass -- under the guise of hate-
      crime
      > prevention -- and accomplish the following homosexual goals:
      >
      > * Silence the Bible-believing Churches, Pastors and Christians
      > * Criminalize so-called "hate speech," - which is any speech
      that is
      > critical of homosexuality or cross-dressing behaviors. The
      suppression of
      > free speech will be justified by the claim that such
      speech "incites"
      > individuals to commit violence against homosexuals, cross-dressers
      etc. Any
      > remarks about homosexuality, such as reading Bible passages,
      preaching on
      > these passages, telling a person they can come out of the homosexual
      > lifestyle, etc. will be deemed critical remarks and will be ruled
      to be
      > outside the bounds of First Amendment protections for pastors,
      business
      > owners and individuals.
      > * Elevate homosexuality and cross-dressing behaviors such as
      drag
      > queens, transsexualism, she-males, etc. to the status of federally-
      protected
      > minorities. These behaviors will be considered equal to race under
      the
      > federal law.
      > * Interfere with local law enforcement by elevating every
      alleged
      > incident of "hate" against a homosexual or cross-dresser into a
      federal
      > crime.
      > * Fund anti-Christian curriculum for children K-12, through the
      U.S.

      <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/> your
      > U.S. Representative and 2 Senators -
      > http://www.traditionalvalues.org/hc/
      > * For more information on Hate Crimes go to -
      > http://www.traditionalvalues.org
      >

      > _____
      >
      > P.S. -- If you don't subscribe to our weekly email, access our web
      site and
      > sign up today. Don't miss our fact-filled email and action items!
      > http://www.traditionalvalues.org/emaillist.php
      >
      > P.P.S. -- You can also donate to TVC online here: TVC Pledge Form.
      > http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pledge.php
      >
      > _____
      >
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/theagenda.php>
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/theagenda.php> .
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/theagenda.php> Traditional Values
      > Coalition is an inter-denominational public policy organization
      speaking on
      > behalf of over 43,000 churches.
      >
      > For more information or to arrange an interview, please call (202)
      547-8570.

      > Rev. Sheldon is a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary, an
      ordained
      > minister, and the founder of the Traditional Values Coalition in
      Washington,
      > DC. His new book, The Agenda -- The
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org/theagenda.php> Homosexual Plan
      to Change
      > America, was recently released by FrontLine Publishers, a Strang
      > Communications company.
      >
      > <http://www.traditionalvalues.org> .
      >
      > Traditional Values Coalition
      > 139 "C" Street, SE
      > Washington, DC 20003
      > Web site address: http://www.traditionalvalues.org
      >
      > You are currently subscribed to tvc-national as kevin.metcalf@...
      > <http://lyris.our-newsletter.org/u?id=15031398B&c=F&l=tvc-national>
      > Unsubscribe
      >
      > <http://lyris.our-newsletter.org/db/329970/15031398/1.gif>

    • Joe Zamecki
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2007
        I love it how Christians sometimes become so obvious. "Stop the proposed law
        against hate crimes!" In other words "Protect our right to oppress people
        who
        aren't on our team!"

        By the way, any Texas Atheists who want to get into activism--please contact
        me now!
        Big plans are underway.

        Joe Zamecki, Editor,
        Atheist Community News
        Atheist Community of Austin, Texas
        http://atheist-community.org/library/newsletters/

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          Folks,

          Just down the road from us here in Austin is the case of sex abuse
          perpetrated by the 16 year old stepson of the pastor of the church where the
          abuse took place. The "Faith Christian Cowboy Church." On behalf of all
          Texans, I'd like to say we're not all cowboys! (Or bullgirls. lol)

          http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=6331499

          Church Molestation Suspect May Get Probation

          A church molestation case is drawing closer to an end in the Hill Country,
          Texas. The accusations halted the youth program at Faith Christian Cowboy
          Church, located north of Johnson City.

          Parents are furious that the accused might avoid jail time.

          The teenage stepson of the pastor of this church could be eligible for
          probation. That's despite being accused of molesting at least five boys.

          More info at the url above

          Joe Zamecki
          Texas State Director
          American Atheists
          Austin, TX
          www.atheists.org/tx
          jzamecki@...
          (512)382-9283

          "I don't care if I make mistakes, as long as I'm still trying!" Madalyn
          Murray-O'Hair