Re: Badlands star party?

  • dean_nsas
    Message 1 of 13 , May 14, 2012
      We are looking at the weekend of August 17 for the Badlands this year.

      --- In northern_sky@yahoogroups.com, Michael Gerszewski <mgerszew@...> wrote:

      > I'm wondering about the scheduled weekend for the badlands star party? Any
      > idea when it will be this year?
      >
      > Mike

    • Michael Gerszewski
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 8, 2012
        So, who's planning to attend the star party scheduled for next week?

        At the moment, I'm planning on Saturday night only, but plans may
        change to include Friday depending on how startup for school goes.

        Mike
      • rkramer
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 9, 2012
          Planning on showing up sometime mid Friday, we are camping in the south unit Thursday night and then headed north.

          Ryan

        • Michael Gerszewski
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7 11:02 AM
            I'm starting to plan my summer vacation time, and I'm wondering when the Badlands Star Party is this year?

            I'm guessing around August 22-23, but just want to make sure.

            Thanks

            Mike
          • rkramer
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 8 6:15 PM
              Doesn't help with the North Unit any, but it looks like the Dakota Skies/South Unit is already scheduled for Sept 19-21.

              http://www.nps.gov/thro/naturescience/dakota-nights-coming-soon.htm

              Ryan

            • dean_nsas
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 14 1:08 AM
                I haven't talked to or heard from the park about this year.  I wasn't sure how much interest there was considering the increased light pollution.  If there is interest, I was thinking of July 25 to put a little more time between the two units.  Let me know what you think.  I'll bring it up at the meeting Monday as well.
              • Michael Gerszewski
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 14 4:49 AM
                  That weekend will be tough for me as I'll just be getting back from a conference on either the 25th or 26th.  Plus that early in the summer, and there is very little darkness anyway on the NW side of the state.

                  Keep us posted.

                  Mike