TIFF [norse_course] Old Icelandic Dictionary Online

  • keth@online.no
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2001
      Haukur wrote:
      >Did you actually try to view the images and succeed?

      I did try now. I downloaded one of the pages (p. 53), but
      the graphic program that I use as Netscape default
      (called JPEGviewer, a freeware program) wouldn't take it.
      Then I tried with Adobe photoshop v. 3.0. But it wouln't
      unwrap the image, because an "illegitimate compression
      method" had been used for the image. (the image was 70 K)

      What I suspect is that my version of Adobe Photoshop, that came
      with my scanner about 4 years ago (version 3.0) needs upgrading.
      Newer compression algorithms must have become common in the meantime.
      Any way, it would be difficult to imagine why anybody would use
      non-standard compression algorithms on the web. And so I think a simple
      upgrade is the answer. The simplest solution would probably be just to
      look for the latest version of JPEGView or an equivalent on the web.
      Then you'll be able to read the Tiff images for free.

      Mine complains that
      «Error: "53.tiff" is not a Baseline or LZW-compressed TIFF image.»

      Keth