translations over the summer

  • Fred and Grace Hatton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2007
      Since Alan won't be able to translate Njall over the summer, perhaps we
      should set it aside for the time being and work on Eric the Red
      http://www.snerpa.is/net/isl/eirik.htm

      And if we finish it we can go on to the Greenlanders' Saga
      http://www.snerpa.is/net/isl/graens.htm

      Both are short and English translations are accessible if one is
      floundering. But there are a whole bunch of other short sagas on the snerpa
      site if people would prefer to do those - - but Llama Nom would have to help
      out since we may not be able to find English translations.

      This would be an ideal time for others who have wanted to start translating
      to jump right in!!!
      Grace
      Fred and Grace Hatton
      Hawley Pa
    • Patricia Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2007
        Oh my word Grace - what an excellent idea - I believe that would be good
        A rest for us from the Njal Saga some new passages for us to translate
        Also - I shall be honest the Njal saga will hardly be the same without Alan's contribution
        IMnsHO
        Kveðja
        Patricia

      • NormaJeanClark@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2007
          Somuleidis! Eg er ad fara i friiMig langar ekki ad sakna Njalls SaguEg er ad fara i FairEyjar i Scotlandi ad vinnu a baeraKanski ekkert tolvu pangadSjaumst a Juli.