Thanks, Alan!

  • Fred and Grace Hatton
    Message 1 of 84 , Jun 1, 2006
      It really helps me to have you insert comments. I do appreciate it!
      Grace
      Fred and Grace Hatton
      Hawley Pa
    • Fred and Grace Hatton
      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 25, 2010
        Thanks for your help, Alan!
        Grace

        Hrútur heimtir jafnan fé að Höskuldi
        Hrútr claims equal (an equal share of the) property against Höskuldr

        En Höskuldur flutti (flytja) það að Þorgerður var eigi að hans ráði
        (the) right to speak (ie plead his case). But Höskuldr pleaded (see flytja,
        Z2) that, that Þorgerðr was not with his consent (see ráð, Z5)

        gift Herjólfi (dative) en lést (látast) vera lögráðandi móður sinnar og
        skilja við það.
        married to Herjólfr but (and) declares-of-himself (that he) is (the)
        legal-guardian of his mother and (they) part with that.

        kvað þá því verrum förum (far, neut noun) fara skyldu
        declared them (ie that they, ie Höskuldr's men) in that (affair) should
        travel in a worse passage (ie
        end up worse off)

        þeir áttu þar eigi við sinn maka sem Hrútur var
        that, that they had not to do with (fought with see eiga við e-n, Z10)
        their match (ie they were not dealing with their equal) such as Hrútr was,

        Fred and Grace Hatton
        Hawley Pa