new member

  • lille lilli
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi! I'm Lilli. I'm a brand new member! I've joined this group today!
      I've studied old norse at the university of Rome La Sapienza two yrs ago. I
      totally felt in love with it... especially because I'm very interested in
      norse mythology. We translated Trymskvida and Baldrs draumar. Unfortunately
      we're studying old english this year... it's pretty good, but not so
      fascinating as old norse.
      I'm very pleased to have joined this group, because I want to complete my
      studies in old norse and to take a degree in norse mythology!
      So... tha's all!
      Thank you for the attention...

      Lilli

      PS Excuse me for my very bad english, but I'm studying norwegian right now
      and I think I'm going to forget all my english!

      Blocca le pop-up pubblicitarie con MSN Toolbar! http://toolbar.msn.it/
    • Patricia
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
        Lilli, you are most welcome, there is nothing wrong with your English,
        and we are certainly glad to have you here, I have looked into the study
        of Old English, I feel I could get to grips with it later.
        Chaucer I find I can read well and do not need a glossary, but I want to
        read the Really Old English
        Glad to have been at hand when you came through,Wish you well

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi Patricia and thank you for the lovely answer!
          Well... old English is not so worse than norse! You can find differences in
          grammar (that is more difficult than old norse) and in pronunciation.
          Studying old english is also funny, because you can reach modern english and
          understand why it is written in this so unusual way!
          But I prefer norse,because you can reach better modern Icelandic and Nynorsk
          (second written variant of Norwegian), that I surely like better!
          Thak you for your patience!
          I'm looking forward to read what you write about norse!

          Lilli

          >From: "Patricia" <originalpatricia@...>
          >To: <norse_course@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [norse_course] new member
          >Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:53:36 -0000
          >
          >Lilli, you are most welcome, there is nothing wrong with your English,
          >and we are certainly glad to have you here, I have looked into the study
          >of Old English, I feel I could get to grips with it later.
          >Chaucer I find I can read well and do not need a glossary, but I want to
          >read the Really Old English
          >Glad to have been at hand when you came through,Wish you well
          >Patricia

          Personalizza MSN Messenger con sfondi e fotografie!
          http://www.ilovemessenger.msn.it/
        • Patricia
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
            Quote "Old Norse has the Syntax from Hell"   how's that, !! but
            then I am a Heathen and I write Hel not Hell, I love the language
            and one thing I'm grateful to the Nuns of St Josephs so many
            years ago, they gave me Latin
            Bless
            Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:36 PM
            Subject: Re: [norse_course] new member

            Hi Patricia and thank you for the lovely answer!
            Well... old English is not so worse than norse! You can find differences in
            grammar (that is more difficult than old norse) and in pronunciation.
            Studying old english is also funny, because you can reach modern english and
            understand why it is written in this so unusual way!
            But I prefer norse,because you can reach better modern Icelandic and Nynorsk
            (second written variant of Norwegian), that I surely like better!
            Thak you for your patience!
            I'm looking forward to read what you write about norse!

            Lilli

            >From: "Patricia" <originalpatricia@...>
            >To: <norse_course@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [norse_course] new member
            >Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:53:36 -0000
            >
            >Lilli, you are most welcome, there is nothing wrong with your English,
            >and we are certainly glad to have you here, I have looked into the study
            >of Old English, I feel I could get to grips with it later.
            >Chaucer I find I can read well and do not need a glossary, but I want to
            >read the Really Old English
            >Glad to have been at hand when you came through,Wish you well
            >Patricia

          • dirk smith
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
              I hope this group helps me out as much in the future as it already has. I am studying the lessons now so I will post on my progress or on any problems I am haveing.But this is a course I have been looking for for a long while.
              If any one knows  about a similare course in galic a friend of mine would be very aprecative
              Thanks
              Ulf Rungrim

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 21, 2006