To Alan your comments for Patricia re Hrafnkell 362 - 401

  • Patricia
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2005
      Sael Alan

      I note your comments with regard to my work, and am very pleased indeed that I made so few mistakes.
      My Books from which I am learning are certainly user friendly but again I find your grammar notes very useful, I have tried to follow your more meticulous form of working and it has paid off, and I'm very glad that progress like this- has been made

      I´m not so sure about the humour being queer, it is certainly dry. I really like the dialogue in this section, particularly the way Sam tests the waters with his mode of questioning Thorkel.  you said in your comments

      I use the word queer in the original sense of odd or peculiar, as I said in my translation I found it odd in the extreme of Thorkell wanting his poor brother given such a rude awakening, and I added that my Stepfather had that sense of humour. Even down to sending in the old boy first, that seems mean. But again many thanks