Re: [norse_course] RE: URGENT_Old Norse Translation needed!

  • Steve Oehler
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
      Laurel,

      Thank you for your assistance.  Universal pulled a fast one on us.  After the first clue was written backwards in Spanish, and the second written in Greek, this clue was actually a made up language.  Those who however solved the other clues were rewarded by a private function with props, concept books, etc from the event.  After that we were given black robes and were "witnesses" to the death of the Queen in the final "Scaremonies".

      Thank you once again.

      -Steve

      Laurel Bradshaw <llawryf@...> wrote:
      Well, I'm no expert, but I definitely heard the words "centieme Graal" which
      is French for "hundredth grail"

      Sorry I don't know enough French to know if all of it is French.
      Laurel

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005

        Well, this is what it sounds like it’s saying to me which is probably an old Germanic language of one sort or the other:

        lech to feik un grunnen tak, senting grael noct mele ma(j?).

        …and sorry, I don’t have my Old Norse dictionary available right now to figure out what it says.

        Stacey

      • Stacey M
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005

          >Thank you for your assistance.  Universal pulled a fast one on us.  After the first clue was written backwards in Spanish, and the second written in Greek, this clue was actually a made up language.  Those who however solved the other clues were rewarded by a private function with props, concept books, etc from the event.  After that we were given black robes and were "witnesses" to the death of the Queen in the final "Scaremonies".

          Made up?!?!?! Ugh