Re: weird font stuff

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
      Weird thing is, I could actually read that one, but all the rest are
      gibberish to me, and have been for a few weeks. (Possible to decifer
      though with a bit of effort.) Maybe everyone's gone over to a
      different system to me. Or maybe I've accidentally gone over to a
      different system to everyone else. Can you read these, which are
      supposed to be a series of vowels with accute accents + the consonant
      letters "ash", "eth" and "thorn"?

      Á á, É é, Í í, Ó ó, Ú ú, Æ æ, Ð ð, Þ þ

      Or these, which are supposed to be A a, O o and U u + diacresis
      (umlaut dots), followed by an 'a' with a ring over it:

      Ä ä, Ö ö, Ü ü, Å å

      I always read the messages (and post them) at the Yahoo Groups
      website, and my posts look the same there as I typed them. Please let
      me know if they're coming out garbled!!

      Llama Nom

      --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, Fred and Grace Hatton
      <hatton@m...> wrote:
      > Apologies for the strange appearance of my translation attempt. I
      have
      > no idea what happened. I always do the same thing - - copy and
      paste
      > into a Word document, type in my translation, copy and paste that
      into
      > an email and send it.
      > Grace
      > --
      >
      > Fred & Grace Hatton
      > Hawley, Pa.
    • Patricia
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005

        May I chip in my two cents, sorry two pence in English Currency
        I have sometimes difficulty with Graces posts excuse me, but never with yours LN
        unless I read them on yahoo, because everything on yahoo from norse course is screwed to ****----- Original Message -----

        <hatton@m...> wrote:
        > Apologies for the strange appearance of my translation attempt.  I
        have
        > no idea what happened.  I always do the same thing - - copy and
        paste
        > into a Word document, type in my translation, copy and paste that
        into
        > an email and send it.
        > Grace
        > --
        >
        > Fred & Grace Hatton
        > Hawley, Pa.

      • Laurel Bradshaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
          They look fine on my computer.
          Laurel

          <hatton@m...> wrote:
          > Apologies for the strange appearance of my translation attempt. I
          have
          > no idea what happened. I always do the same thing - - copy and
          paste
          > into a Word document, type in my translation, copy and paste that
          into
          > an email and send it.
          > Grace
          > --
          >
          > Fred & Grace Hatton
          > Hawley, Pa.

        • Patricia
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
            I came back to this after study of several received e.mails LN, all of this email of yours is totally intelligible

            <hatton@m...> wrote:
            > Apologies for the strange appearance of my translation attempt.  I
            have
            > no idea what happened.  I always do the same thing - - copy and
            paste
            > into a Word document, type in my translation, copy and paste that
            into
            > an email and send it.
            > Grace
            > --
            >
            > Fred & Grace Hatton
            > Hawley, Pa.

          • Lance
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
              Yeah, I'm getting some strange fonts as well.