Re: [norse_course] Re: Links to ON and other interesting resources

  • A. Mucenieks
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
      Halo

      Other part of interest in this site is the Maps Session. The word for "map" in russian is "karta,i", in cyrilic is similar to KAPTA. There is some maps, including plants of Nidaros and Oslo, XIII cent., and other link for maps of Iceland.
      My regards,

      Anders Muceniecks

      llama_nom <600cell@...> wrote:

      Wow, thanks for this!

      There looks to be some useful stuff here. Watch out for all the
      popup ads on the Wodensharrow link though: the Edda translation
      there is Auden's version. This is my recommendation of the day:

      Norræn Dýrð (Russian site)
      http://norse.net.ru/

      I know it's in the links, but it's the only place so far online
      where I've seen the complete text of Snorri's Edda, all three
      sections + þulur! Even if, like me, you don't know Russian, it can
      still be worth finding your way around there.

      Some more resources that I've found helpful:

      http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/norselinks.htm

      Llama Nom

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/GP4qlB/TM
      Yahoo! Groups Links