Re: [norse_course] Auðun part 7

  • Patricia
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      I agree Sarah, Aki is a greedy pig

      Áki lézk selja mundu honum vistir ef hann vildi
      Aki would sell (/)  to him  provisions if he wished it
      Aki offered to sell him provisions if he wanted them (mundu ?)

      Auðun kvesk ekki til hafa fyrir at gefa "en ek vilda þo" segir hann  ( kvesk - kveða ?)
      Auðun (?kveða) nothing to have in front that to give "but I would nevertheless" said he
      Auðun (declared) he had nothing in hand to give  him "but I sould nonethe less " he said

      "at þetta kvæmisk til leiðar at ek mætta dýrit fœra  Konungi
      that this ? (kvæmisk) to lead that ? a costly animal  and bring it to the King
      that this   ( no idea  )  to lead this costly animal and give it to the King

      Ek mun fá þér vistir. sem it þurfuð
      I am able (  ) food such as it needs
      I can give you food such  as it needs

      Til kinungs fundar en þar i móte vil ek eiga halft dyrit
      to the Kings meeting but therefore in ( exch?) will I possess half animal
      to meet with the King, but therefore I will own half of the animal

      ok máttu á þat lita, at dýrit mun deyja fyrir þér, þars it
      and ( ??) so that consider the animal is able to die before you where it
      and ( ??) consider the bear could die on you because it

      þurfuð vistir miklar, en fé sé farit ok er búit við at þú hafir þa ekki dyrsins
      needs food much but money is needed and it may be (  ) that you have thus no Bear
      needs a lot of food, but you need money and it  may be you will have no bear at all

      Aki is a mean beast to take such advantage, they had no NSPCA in those days, but
      I hope he does not get the money, it was most like his Boss's food and not his to give
      or withhold
      Patricia @}--{---