Sv: Reconstructed Pronunciation

  • sjuler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 2:14 PM
      I would be very glad to do so! But only simple words (ones suggested
      by you, preferrably) since it is not natural to me to read whole ON
      texts out loud.

      Are wav files OK? I assume you can convert it to any file format you
      wish. I can't start recording the words until a week from now though.

      Best regards,
      Sjuler

      --- In norse_course@yahoogroups.com, "Stridmann" <stridmann@m...>
      wrote:
      > Dear Sirs!
      > We are making the electronic Old Icelandic-English dictionary, in
      > ABBYY Lingvo format.
      > Sometime ago, somebody (sjuler? or you, Haukur?) made few sound
      files
      > with simple Old Norse words, in reconstructed pronunciation.
      > Can you send them to me? I want to include these sound files into
      the
      > dictionary.
      > Oh, the dictionary is Zoega, of course.
      > Or, may be, would you please make some new files, with simple
      words:
      > hundr, haukr, armr, etc.?
      > Possible, it's stupid idea.
      > Thank you all.
      > Tim
      > P.S. Write me to stridmann@m...
    • Stridmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2 3:04 AM
        Dear Sjuler!
        I can't send you any e-mail (all my e-mails return with error
        "Sorry your message to sjuler@... cannot be delivered. This
        account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]."
        Of course, I need only simple words (álfr, aptann, øx,
        þræll, etc.)
        WAV files - this will be great! If you prefer - it can be single WAV
        file with some words, and I'll split it into separate WAV's.
        And... I need something else, but this is more private theme, please,
        write me, Sjuler! :)
        Tim
      • sjuler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2 3:28 PM
          Now wonder it doesn't work - I haven't used the yahoo account at all
          so it may have been disabled in some way.
          Please, use my "public" jepe2503 hotmail com account instead (I omit
          the 'at' and 'dot' of obvious reasons - 95% of my incoming mail is
          junk).

          Send me your requests to the address above and I'll record sound
          samples next week to hand over to you (I haven't got the tools where
          I stay at the "moment").